As the Sun Sets...
Busy walkers and shoppers will probably be ready to wind down a bit and catch up over a glass of wine. Warm days and cool coastal nights make Redwood City, and surrounding the surrounding wine country, a perfect climate for growing grapes and making delicious wines.
- La Honda Winery: La Honda cultivates vineyards throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains. They have won awards for their Pinot Noirs and Cabernet Sauvignons, as well as many other delectable appellations. If you end up there on a weekend, make way for the Bride & Groom because this venue is a favorite location for picture perfect weddings.
- K&L Wine Merchants: Don't feel like taking the time to taste and select your favorite wine? Let K&L Wine Merchants do it for you. With resident wine and spirit experts, you can stop into the Redwood City location and let the experts help you choose the perfect wine for dinner.
Any of our lunchtime suggestions from Part 1 would make excellent dinner choices for the casual diner. However, Redwood City also offers several upscale restaurant experiences.
- Mistral Restaurant and Bar. You may want to make reservations if you want a waterfront view, however the entire restaurant offers a romantic ambiance regardless of your view. Mistral Restaurant features upscale American cuisine with a light emphasis on seasonal and sustainable foods. Forgot to bring a bottle of wine? No problem. They're wine list won't disappoint.
- Donato Enoteca. This Italian restaurant will remind you that there is a reason to celebrate family owned and operated Italian restaurants with authentic homemade family recipes. It was owner, and Executive Chef, Donato Scotti's dream to open the restaurant and his passion is evident in every bite.
- Bay 223 at Hotel Sofitel. Don't let the hotel location fool you. Bay 223's American-inspired French cuisine gets rave reviews from both locals and travelers alike.The food is tasty, the drinks are mixed well, and the croissants keep customers coming back. You can even buy some of their delectable pastries from the hotel's gift shop.
After dinner, it's time to hit the Theater, or Theatre, depending on your preference. If you've been waiting for the opening night of a specific movie, Cinemark Redwood 20 in downtown won't disappoint. Whether you want to catch the latest 3-D children's flick or a hang-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thriller, the Cinemark Redwood 20 has them all.
If you like to catch live performances every once in a while, continue your evening the old fashioned way and enjoy evening entertainment at the FOX Theatre on Broadway. From Ballet, to concerts, and various plays for multiple generations, the FOX Theatre in Redwood City has something going on several nights a week. Their home page always features a list of their upcoming attractions.
"Fill-in-the-Blank" on the Square. When the weather is warm, the Courthouse Square has free entertainment almost every night. From Downtown Jazz on Monday nights, to free concerts on Friday nights, you can also catch dancing, movies, and art on the evenings in between. All of this is brought to the residents and guests of Redwood City by generous local business and private sponsors.
Redwood City is a wonderful place for singles, married couples, families and retirees to spend their days and nights celebrating all the local community has to offer. Want to live here? We invite you to visit our sales office to see if Pacific Place is a good fit for your family!